Managers in Local Government face the challenge of working in an organisational role that is often more complex, ambiguous and dynamic than that experienced by managers in other sectors.
LGPro's long anticipated Mastering Management Program aims to build the capacity and confidence of Managers working in the unique context of Local Government. Managers from numerous directorates and corporate services in Local Government, human resources professionals from across the sector and leading experts have had significant input into its development.
Mastering Management targets both new and experienced managers in Local Government who want to improve their managerial competencies so they can be the best they can be.
The highly engaging program sets out to grow the awareness and management capability of participants with a focus on three core development areas:
- Developing personal excellence
- Developing your people and
- Managing in Local Government
The overriding aim of the program is to support managers in making a real transition in their thinking and actions so that they may positively impact their teams, their organisations and the sector.
The Mastering Management Program dates for 2017 are:
- Introductory Session: Thursday 27 April
- Module One: Thursday 11 May & Friday 12 May
- Module Two: Wednesday 7 June, Wednesday 19 July & Wednesday 16 August
- Module Three: Tuesday 12 September
- Closing Session: Tuesday 17 October
Registrations are now open for the 2017 program. See the brochure and registration form in the Links & Downloads box below.