LGPro is the peak body for Local Government professionals in Victoria. We:
- Develop and deliver high quality professional development activities and services
- Facilitate positive communication between the Local Government sector and State and Federal Government
- Represent the views of officers where expert advice is required in the consultation process on legislation and policy and program development
Our organisation was created in 1996/1997 through the merger of the Victorian branches of the Institute of Municipal Management, the Institute of Municipal Engineering Australia and the Victorian Municipal Community Services Association.
We are the:
- Victorian Member of Local Government Managers Australia (LGMA)
- Victorian Association of the Local Government Community Services Association of Australia (LGCSAA)
Proceeds from all LGPro activities go back into the sector to provide programs, events and services to benefit our members and all people working in Local Government.